Rules and Guidelines in Applying for a Scholarship:
General Rules in Applying for a Scholarship:
- Must submit the application package found on the website
- Must provide a video about introducing themselves
- Must submit an original essay about something that they are passionate about
- Must “Like” the Facebook page and “Share” the official scholarship link
Guidelines for Submission of Video and Essay:
- Essays must be at a minimum of 250 words. The title is not included in the word count. Must use Arial as font, font size 12.
- Videos must be more than two minutes and not more than four minutes. Any videos that are longer than four minutes will not be considered.
Procedure for Judging and Recognition:
- A panel of qualified lawyers will complete the judging
- Judging will be based solely on the candidate’s ability to fulfill the requirements needed and his or her goals after receiving the scholarship.
- Candidates awarded the scholarship must use the monetary scholarship award for their academic tuition.
- Trade School
- Junior College
- Community College
- State University
- 2 Year Associate Degree University
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree University
Procedure for Awards and Recognition
This scholarship is a one-time monetary scholarship award.
The monetary scholarship award will be given directly to the student awarded the scholarship grant.
In cases where the awardee is not able to attend school, he or she must give documentation about why he or she is not able to attend.
If in case the awardee is not able to attend school, the monetary scholarship award will be on hold for up to one full year until he or she is able to show documentation and proof of enrollment in any of the institutions mentioned above.
If in case that the awardee is unable to claim the monetary scholarship award within one full year, the scholarship can be awarded to one of the other winners.
If a candidate is awarded the scholarship, he or she must agree and abide by the terms and conditions to receive the scholarship.
Applicants will be notified via email if they have been chosen to receive this award.
A small reception between the scholars and the partners will be held in June. The Scholarship Chair will provide the information regarding the reception.